Tuesday 11 June 2013

precious time

5.54pm

what is time? what is it to you? how do you define time? I have no clue whatsoever. but I heard of that cliché thing that is - time is precious.  yes, I know that. but do you all realize that everyday, we are waiting. waiting for something or someone.

I was just having a chat with my husband recently and I told him that I have realized(trust me I had this realization a long time ago) we seem to be always waiting. waiting for a meeting to start, waiting for somebody to arrive, waiting for our flights to somewhere, waiting at the traffic lights, waiting at the hospital, waiting for death....just waiting. and time is just bloody wasted! don't you agree?!

hubby says - "that's why life is meaningless". I couldn't agree more. from the moment we are born, we are waiting for death to come knocking at our door and in the meantime, here we are, sitting and waiting around, going about our sorry lives(don't talk about those who are privileged or with a silver spoon in their mouths) oblivious to the fact that we just don't know when or how we are going to bid adieu to our lives on earth.

sometimes im quite fed up of all this waiting about. for example, I have to accompany my mother in law for her check ups and there we are sitting and waiting for hours on end. my day is just plain wasted, doing nothing at all. sometimes im bored to tears.

and today I was just telling my mom about it too and she told me that I should spend it wisely(huh?? how is that possible?) with the "time" I have left and each day that I get up I gotta thank God for another healthy day and that im alive. yes yes, I do give our Lord thanks but hey, meantime, I still have to wait don't I?

and after we die, then what? wait again for reincarnation?( altho I don't really believe in it). but curiousity gets the better of me.  I often think of what I was in my previous life, if I ever had one. where do I go after I die? will I see my loved ones? how will I die? when will I die? aaagghh...all these thoughts run thru my head and I know nobody out there can give me an answer to all these questions. meantime, im still sitting and waiting.

oh well, that's life I guess. its the waiting game. so guys, I hope you spend it wisely and whatever you do, do it to your best ability, ok? make the most out of your life and make it worthwhile when you are still able to. no regrets yes?


oki doki ttfn


6.08pm

No comments: