Tuesday 22 October 2013

my bali trip (final part)



10.12pm



ok this is getting a tad bit stale for some of you but please bear with me. in today's blog im just going to put random shots that I took, a real mix bag here. just so you know, the weather in bali was perfect when I was there. it seemed a bit gloomy in the morning and I thought it was going to rain (oh no!) but towards late morning, the sky cleared and out came the sun. but by around 5ish onwards the sun slowly sets. it gets bright relatively early like by around 6.15am, coz im awoken by the  sunlight streaming in through my windows.


picture 1 - kuta. rows after rows of little shops selling knick knacks ie bracelets, tshirts, art, surf stuff, clothes, shoes, slippers etc . its repetition after a while. kuta connects to legian and seminyak. very touristy area and overcrowded. either you hate it or you love it because of the hustle and bustle. lots of night scene too. surfers go there to surf although I think that there are better places to surf as the waves in kuta isn't super high. (not that I surf, but just saying)


picture 2 - this picture I took was around 7.20am and as you can see, the sun was already up and about. it was breathtaking.


picture 3 - not so sure what this picture means. I took it because of the amazing craftsmanship. this shot that I took was a bit too far and it looked more blue than anything. hahaha. I was zooming by in a car (that had tinted windows) so I quickly whipped out my camera and took a shot of it. it was located at a roundabout. you can see its a horse drawn carriage/chariot with some kind of warrior god (or something) maybe trying to fight off the enemy or vice versa. aint sure. but it sure looks like it.



picture 4 - dinner at jimbaran. located on the south side of airport and kuta. its a place to go to if you want to have seafood, fresh from the sea, prices are affordable, depends on what you order of course. theres also lots of tourist there, as you can see. I suggest that you go for a dinner there. you can see planes taking off in a distance, sounds of the waves along the beach.




picture 5 - jimbaran. you can have romantic candlelight seafood dinner for 2 on the beach and be serenaded by a group of guys, going around from table to table.


picture 6 - kuta. used to be a sleepy fishing village but now vibrant place to hang out and watch people go by. lots of small lanes selling anything and everything. I even saw a poster on a stand that read - magic mushroom sold here (or something like that). wow! no no, I didn't try it. just walked on by. I should've taken a photo of it, but oh well.



picture 7 - my hotel room. a huge king sized bed. comfy couch just by the side. overall it was clean and we're given 2 bottles of mineral water daily. lots of tv channels to surf. you can fit at at 3 people on the bed. the room is pretty big - about 400 sqft.


ok folks my sore throat is getting to me. im going to take my medication and hit the sack. that's it about bali. its cheap and affordable. friendly people. even after the bombing several years ago, the people of bali, still persevered and kept on moving forward. they don't need all the riches in the world to make them happy and contented. they just do what they have to do to rebuild their lives with less complaining. haiz... if only half of us could be just like them, this world would be a much better place. 


ttfn


11.05pm

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: