Sunday 12 May 2013

happy mothers day



5.01pm

so its mother's day today and I would like to take this opportunity to wish all mothers out there who have dedicated their lives and sacrificed a lot in bringing up their kids without much fuss. kudos to you and you ought to pat yourselves on your back.

im not a mother per se but as you all know by now, I have my lil furkid so therefore I would like to think of me as the mother to my dog. hahahaha...go figure.

I would like to also take this opportunity to thank my own mom for being the "bestest" mom ever. I will not  trade her for anything. I guess no one really would in their right frame of mind. well my mom is my rock. she has never failed me. she is always there to encourage me, to push me to be a better person, dispensing advise (be it necessary or unnecessary hahaha)  etc. and yet she never really grumbles or bitch about her own life. she's always giving and never asking anything back in return. sadly not all mothers are like that. is yours like mine too?

you know, when I was growing up, I used to think that my mom was such a strict person compared to my dad. mom was the drill sergeant whereas dad was mr cool. its like good cop bad cop. when I chat with my mom and talk about the good ol days, she would always nag at me and my brother(but more so, me) to go and study (especially during exam period) and I really disliked studying and I would quietly sneak out of my room(and when I say sneak out meaning my head would peek out from behind a wall that separates the hall to my room) and try to watch tv (whatever my folks are watching) and if I remember correctly, sometimes I would get caught by my mom (who else) and I would get an earful from her. dad however, is the exact opposite of mom, and he would tell my mom to chill and let "the kids" watch some tv. told ya he was mr cool. hahaha..but now on hindsight now I know why my mom wanted us to study hard as it was for our own sakes and also for the sake of our own future.

so anyways, as you can probably tell by now, I come from a close knitted family, as there's only 4 of us - my mom, dad, brother and myself. and as I got older and ahem! more wiser, I sometimes think about death. I have lost a few loved ones whilst growing up but in the past decade or so, I have lost my sister in law, my very good friend and my grandmother. I loved them all very much and seeing them lying there in their coffins really hit me pretty hard. I know that I wont be seeing them  or talking to them ever again(but perhaps after I die or who knows in my next life, I don't know). its really so sad. and even till today, these images still haunt me and I don't know if I ever will get over losing them. I am fully aware however, that we all have to go sooner or later but wouldn't it just be nice that if that wasn't the case at all? that we could all live for a very long time!

so back to my mom. this woman has dedicated her life to the family. through the ups and downs in our lives whist growing up and till today, she is still pushing on. I know for a fact that she is one amazing woman. and you know what, im so glad that GOD has chosen her to be my mommy. even as a young adult back then, I never really gave much thought about my mom although yes I know how hard she has worked and saved just to provide for us all and never giving up on us and kept staying positive. but then everything suddenly changed when I had to move away.

I had to teach my mother how to use the msn chat (later skpye) so that we could keep in touch.  and from that day onwards we've been staying in touch with each other via Skype, every few days, to catch up on gossip, what we've both done etc. my mom bless her, has given much of her life to her work and to taking care of the family. she has also taken care of my sis in law as well as her own mother, who passed away late last year. my grandmother too was such a sweetheart. such a cheerful and happy go lucky woman. she's never worked in her life(as my grandfather was the breadwinner) and she was a homemaker taking care of 5 kids! just like my mom, she was always giving and never asking back in return. as long we are all happy.

growing up we were never rich. we were just an average income family. like most families out there, trying to make both ends meet. it was tough and rough those days but now its  over thank god. I remember that what I wanted I usually got. of course I don't ask for elaborate or expensive stuff.

mom's cooking too was the best. she learnt from my grandmother. even till today whenever I come back home, my mom would always ask me what I would like to eat and she will cook it for me. sometimes I would tell her that I want her fried chicken(secret receipe of course!) or kai lan with Chinese wine (yummy! one of my fav dishes) etc. that's how "spoilt" I am. well mom doesn't only "spoil" me but my brother too. we both get what we want especially when it comes to food.

now since im based in Singapore, thankfully my brother is around to pop by  to check up on my parents and spend time with them when he's free. I worry sometimes for my folks too. oh ya talking about death (some paragraphs earlier), im very scared of losing my parents, especially my mom because im very close to her. what would I do? I know life goes on even after they've gone. can I cope? would I break down? would I go mental? I really don't know and I try to shrug it off and brush it aside. but I still cant help thinking about it, you know. mom has lost her mom and I know it must have been very painful for her because like my situation, she was also close to her mom too. sigh

anyways, one day I will blog about my grandmother. honestly she is such a darling. but that's for another day ok. today's blog is to thank my mom from the bottom of my heart and words just express the gratitude that I feel towards her for all that she's done from the day I was born. I really am so thankful and that she is GOD sent. I must be so lucky.

so all of you who are reading this blog, I hope your mothers are just as good as mine and really you ought to treasure them when they are still alive and kicking not after they have kicked the bucket. and this not only goes to mothers but fathers, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands etc. life is so fragile and at anytime death will come knocking on your door and when time is up its up. no second guessing about it. so do cherish your loved ones when they are alive!!

thanks for reading and once again, happy mothers day to all!! god bless!!


ttfn


5.43pm

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh well,Happy Mothers Day to you too.

I had a worst Mothers Day ever !!! Little Caden was diarrhea since Sat till Mon morning,and my 2 hands were full of sh*t !!! Wash up and clean up non stop !!!
Lol....

bevng said...

aigoo!! nevermind la...doesn't happen daily. shit happens, pardon the pun. heheh...any day can be mothers day, doesn't necessary on that particular day. as long as one is happy and the family too, that's a good occasion to have a celebration right? well happy belated mothers day to you, babes!