Wednesday 23 July 2014

mtv world stage insider



10.57am

well gooooooood morning world!! its another brand new day and im so thankful to be alive and i hope you are too!

today's blog is going to be a bit different. why different you ask. well im trying out for the mtv world stage insider job and hopefully i will be the chosen one for 2014.

these past few days i've been blogging mostly about the tragic crash of the malaysia airlines plane mh17 and i think for a change of "scenery" in here, i decided to try out for this gig, just to lift/brighten up my spirits and also to my fellow readers/followers.

the world has gone crazy i gotta admit. and with all the wars and political conflicts going on, i think music is one of the ways that can actually bring people closer together as a united front. makes them "forget" about the bad stuff that has been happening around them even if its just temporarily, it doesnt matter. dont you think so? music bridges people from all walks of life.  

i've been tuning in to mtv for many years now. i've seen it grown and look what it has become today! wow, kudos to all of you at mtv. and now, one of your latest addition is the mtv world stage insider. the selected will be the eyes and ears for the masses. thats so cool! coz usually it would only be the vjs that can get close to all of the going ons and now someone lucky is going to get the same opportunity! Bravo, bravo! (psstt..pick me pick me ok!) (*subliminal message coming though*)

anywho, its time for me to share with you some true stories. i've been to a few concerts here in singapore and the last one was for the F1 Singapore Grand Prix 2013. i went for the BigBang concert and let me tell you, it was a blast! unfortunately i went alone so i couldnt really share this experience with anyone. well it doesnt really matter because i got to see one of my favourite korean boy groups perform live on stage and of course i had a good time there at the padang, (you can refer to my previous blogs regarding the F1 concert) although it would have been way better if i had some company. oh lonesome me!

and also in 2013, not only did i attend the F1 but i also went for G-Dragon's One Of A Kind concert held at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. it was awesome! sadly yet again, i went alone. now i wouldnt call these "wild" stories per se but to me it was certainly different, attending a concert all by myself (not only it wasnt in english but korean! getouttahere!) i get that not everybody is into kpop. however, i cant just sit around and wait for people to accompany me, gotta do it myself. if i did sit around for people, then i wouldnt have gone for these concerts and enjoyed myself right??

and so for that, it was kinda "wild" in my books. when i told my mates back in malaysia, they thought i was crazy! "kpop? omg you're so old liao..practically auntie...!" my mates couldnt believe that im into kpop! you know what, to each his own (oh fyi  im in my early 40s which to me, is the new 20s!). ooh even my own brother asked me "why are you so crazy over kpop these days? arent you a bit too old for it?" to that i replied "why not? is there an age limit as to how old/young a person should be in order to like/enjoy kpop? hey look,if it floats my boat, let me be ok, as long as im happy".  by the way, my husband has washed his hands off me with regards to my "love" for kpop and kdramas! but you know what, i somehow managed to get him to like korean food which he now enjoys.

how im going to bring my what? "cray-cray" onto the world stage you ask? well, um..by just being myself i guess, there's no other way round it. look, i've never been on anybody's videos nor have  i ever faced a large audience, and give a speech, in my entire life. (the only time that i had to face a small crowd which was when i was a flight attendant with malaysia airlines and i had to do the safety demo on the B737, but that was nothing, easy peasy. its not like im facing hundreds or thousands of people at once!) so yes, im just going to go out there,be myself and try to "wing it" along the way and fingers crossed, the crowd will like me and wont throw rocks and stones or rotten food at me! eeks!


 

look, see! im such a fan of mtv that i've even kept this old old tshirt for years now, (although i did cut off the sleeves because its hot in singapore!!) hey, is there a special "jam" made by mtv? hehe kidding,just kidding.... but its not a bad idea right? getting the vjs to "create" their own, oh i dont know, "jam"?

well i really hope (and pray!) that mtv world stage would give me a chance to be the insider for 2014, so that i can get myself stuck into the thick of things, the going ons, the happenings..ooh i cant bloody wait... i'll even glue myself to the producer/s if i have to!! i will eat sleep and only think about mtv world stage, how does that grab ya?

well alritey then, i'll be off now. hopefully one of you judges will like my erm...presentation via blog style? (just so you know, i thought about the 2 minute video presentation thingy, had to scrap that idea off because i cant bring myself to do it plus i rather pen things down!).

ok you guys at mtv have a great day and waiting anxiously to hearing from you! woopiee doo!


ttfn

12.15pm








No comments: