Saturday 22 December 2012

multi level marketing??



10.29pm

hi all. thought i drop a blog before xmas. that's in like 2 days time. gosh, so fast. soon that too will pass.

anyways, recently, i met up with some of my old friends from the airlines, whom i've not seen in more then a decade. i thought they wanted to see me, to catch up or probably both. however, i kinda had a hunch that part of the reason of wanting to see me  was because they were keen to introduce me to some sort of a multi level marketing. some kinda power berry drink that can boost our immune system or gives us more energy etc.

and so we met up. laughed and chatted away and then they brought up the topic. telling me about their personal experiences, their friends experiences etc. i told them i was fine with opening up my mind and listening and then at the end, giving them my 2 cents worth. i felt as tho i had to keep on trying to make them understand that im totally uncomfortable with all of this. thing is, i hate to make people feel bad or im afraid that they wont want to be friends with me anymore (or for whatever reasons) if i told them my answer to their proposal was a no. just that "an invisible wall" will come up once i hear this kind of topic. to be honest with you, i really dont like it at all. it creeps the hell out of me.

have you ever been in this kind of situation before? not really knowing how to say no to your friends? then making you feel awful thereafter once you've told them that you cant do it or buy the item or whatever? i mean its not so bad if its strangers that you are talking to but why is it difficult when it comes to friends?

you know once upon a time, a colleague took me to one of this multi level marketing thingy. they were into mattresses that has some positive ions in it, i think. long story short, i was made to hear a short talk about this wonderful mattress and testimonials from people who slept on it. and then after the talk there were break out groups so you can ask questions if you have any and hopefully you will sign up with them and purchase the mattress. well, i was contemplating about it. to sign up i mean. but i told them that i would like to think about it before signing up and that i have to discuss it with my husband. hey, they were like asking for more than a thousand bucks for the mattress.

so i went home and discussed it with  my husband, who immediately shot it down. he said "no way. you are not going to sign up for this kinda bullshit."  bla bla bla....so alas when my colleague came round a few days later to get an answer from me, i told him that i was sorry but im not going for it. well he accepted my answer graciously and never bugged me again regarding this subject. thank god! and oh till today, we're still close friends. haha

so cut back to the present day, i got introduced to this so called super power drink by my friends. at the time when my friends were sharing with me about their own personal experiences after consuming this drink, what was running thru my head was - "oh please guys...im just not interested. why cant you see that? i feel so suffocated. where to run to? help!! somebody!! aarrgh...i do not want to hear another long lecture from my husband. spare me please! cant you see im just a contented housewife. i dont need no passive income. thanks for thinking of me guys...but i can take care of myself......" so many thoughts running thru my head..oh golly gosh gosh.

alas i reckon my friends knew that i wasnt interested in their scheme. the thing is i had to buy a box( that has 4 bottles in it) of this drink and consume it.(i could  pour it away if i dont want to drink it or give away, whatever) and this cost more than 500 bucks per month for a box. thats not cheap you know. people can live on that amount for a month feeding a small family, in the rural areas! so sinful to blow that kind of money on just a drink. and mind you times are bad around the world.

we all understood that its a very subjective matter. not everybody would fall for this or would quickly jump on board. im also sure they would know that there'll be folks who wouldnt mind trying this out and see if there's any difference after consuming the drink and there's folks who just dont want to get involved for whatever reasons. and thats why they should respect peoples decisions and not pester them further.

you know, if i had the means, meaning if i was super rich and could simply blow money away like that, i really wouldnt mind helping my friends out by buying the drinks from them. but reality is, im not rich at all. im just a housewife, for crying out loud. i dont mind helping people out, family or friends for that matter but within my means and my capability. my friends have to accept that.

so my dear friends or those who are reading this, all i can say is, if you are ever in the same boat, do your homework first. dont simply jump on board blindly. this could be a fly by night kinda thing you never know. lots of people around the world are being duped and scammed or conned. you dont want your hard earned money going down the drain when at the end of the day, you dont see any returns. or you just see a bit and after that, nada, zero, zilch. company has closed etc. anything can and could happen. think about it. there are no guarantees in life, well maybe except for taxes and death.

and lastly, if its too good to be true, then it probably is.

ttfn

11.24pm

p/s for the record, i still love my mates! they rock!








5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wakakakaka......
Btw,not only friends will introduce you MLM even relatives !
Sometimes hard to said NO to those ppl coz I believed they can reach to their so called DIAMOND level,and will feel happy for them too..
I have come across Anway,LingZi,Monavie and many more but I am a not active member....just moral support !!!
Merry Xmas !

Unknown said...

1 for sure ! I wont sell anything to you !!!!
Lol.....

bevng said...

hahahaa...thanks!! u btr not!! i always dunno where to put my self when people start the topic of this type of business proposal. dunno how to say NO thanks without hurting their feelings. but well, i cant lie to them. no matter who they are. just be honest and well, they have to accept it. in life theres yes and no. gotta take watever that comes. dats how i feel and u wont ever see me trying to sell family or friends anything. yes, i would help spread the word ard but thats it. just dun want to get involved. simple as that.

Unknown said...

Think is better to put a DONT SELL ANYTHING TO ME on our forehead :p

bevng said...

hahahahaa....with all the explaining coming from me, i think they ought to know. if they dont, means they are very persistent. thats how businesses are won. hahahaha...