Monday 19 November 2012

dedication to housewives

4.19pm

day 3. another imaginary list, ticked off from my head. grocery done. u know, lots of people tink dat being a housewife is so easy peasy. no worries, stress free, but whatever! whether u hv kids or not, it doesnt matter. being a housewife can get pretty tough at times. i do salute all you hsewives out there. juggling work(if you are working ), hsehold and kids (if you have any). and hey, our husbands too can behave like kid at times, dont u agree?

to be honest, some of my friends tink that im a "tai tai" ( tai tai is a chinese colloquial term for a wealthy married woman who does not work. it has the same euphemistic value as "lady" in English: sometimes flattery, sometimes a subtle insult). i always beg to differ coz im not one at all. and at times i do take it as an insult. it all depends on who says it to me and how many times a person calls me that. once, twice i can take it a joke but more than dat, an insult. i really do not like being called a "tai tai" at all period.

anyways, coming back to housewives, well, men should try putting themselves in our shoes and see how it feels. perhaps it could be a walk in the park for some but for others, some would say its a mundane and a thankless job. i say, its all abt getting used to it. i wasnt a housewife from day one ok. only in the last 7 years or so. for me, the perks of being a housewife is that i enjoy being left to my own devices. having my own quality time (wouldnt trade it for the world). from having bfast to playing with my dog to buying groceries at my own pace without any datelines or people hassling or harrassing me. downside is that i do not earn my own money and therefore have to depend on my husband.(but he's such a doll, bless him).

dont you sometimes wish you were a housewife too? but having said that, the grass aint always greener. once again i salute all mothers and housewives ard the world and to my own mom, thank you,thank you, thank you for everything you've done for me as well as for the family. i love you from the bottom of my heart.


ttfn

4.42pm

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Being a housewife is not EASY.......

bevng said...

dats rite its not. hence a salute to them :)

Unknown said...

awwwww Bev. what a beautiful tribute.....

bevng said...

thanks mo! :) xoxo