Monday 26 November 2012

moving around

11.56am

ah..another day another dollar. i have been busy packing up my house. so much things to do and to remember. what goes where. which items goes into storage, which ones to bring along with me for the next few months, which goes to my friend's place etc. sigh. sometimes i do hate moving from place to place. when i say place to place i meant from condo to condo. not country to country(but i wouldnt mind tho). i've moved 3 times in the past 6 years since i've been in singapore.

now, having packers pack for you is great, especially when you have alot of crap to be packed. you only have to bark orders to these packers and your things will be quickly wrapped, packed and sealed into boxes and off it goes into their trucks. BING BAM BOOM jobs done so quickly and efficiently. but when you dont have packers doing this for you, its really a back breaking task. i was lucky to have packers in all of my moves but not this round. we only hired a transporter to ferry our stuff to the storage area. oh well, we cant always have everything now can we? would just have to make do right?

you see, my husband and i left kl(which is my hometown) back in 2004, sometime between july and august, for jakarta. we only had a few check in bags and maybe 1-2 boxes of stuff to bring along with us. we found a hotel/service apartment and therefore i neednt have to bring alot of kitchen or bedroom stuff with me, thankfully.

and then mid 2006, we moved to singapore. by then we probably had ard 15-20 boxes. yes, things started accumulating slowly but surely.when we arrived here, we stayed at a hotel in orchard  road for a couple of months then moved into river valley for abt 3 years before settling into bayshore park for another 3 more yrs (and by that time, we had about 67 boxes excluding those that couldnt be packed in).

currently my husband and i are in a transition period where we are going to stay in holland village for a few months and then hopefully find ourselves a proper home to settle in or perhaps rent again. whichever comes first. ugh...all this moving up and down, in and out, at times can drive you crazy. a house in chaos. i dont like a chaotic household. to see things strewn everywhere, untidy, messy and in total disarray. ok i shamefully admit i could be a tad bit OCD(i'll talk abt this subject another day, abt ocd hahaha). my dear husband claims that i am one. oh well. you know frankly speaking, i was never like this when i was living with my parents. even when i was growing up, i never felt that i was a neat freak or had any idea that i could possibly have a lil bit of OCD in me. i suspect it was probably lurking somewhere inside of me and it probably started coming out when i first started living on my own.(which was back in 1995). ho hum.

ok you are probably wondering how many boxes i have this time huh? well its not been finalized yet but i predict about 15 boxes. again excluding those big bulky items that cant be packed in. at this very moment we 13 boxes sealed.  you know i got rid of so much stuff that its not funny at all. big thanks to my dear cousin, who helped me drop off 3/4 of my stuff to salvation army. also thanks to my other friends who helped me ferry back some of my belongings back to kl.

okidoki

ttfn


12.59pm





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's see who is the 1st to unpack all the BOXES :p

bevng said...

hehe surely it will be you, my dear. im in transit for a few months, dont you remember :)