Friday 22 March 2013

Be@rbrick and the countdown to my big move


3.33pm


well im counting down the days to my move. into my new condo. shouldnt be too long now. hopefully by this weekend or early next week, we're going to be getting the keys to the place. and then the real work begins.

there's just so much little things that needs to be done. cleaning up the place, getting the movers to bring our stuff over from the personal storage, where we rented these past few months. even our sofa, we've not bought yet. sigh.

i want a sofabed so at least if guest/s come, they can sleep on it rather then just the sofa or worst, on the floor, with a mattress. my husband says that i can decide on almost everything else in the house, but let him decide on the sofa(or sofabed!). hmm...deep down inside im hoping for a sofabed. nevertheless, i shall let him decide coz he's the one paying for it, not me. hahahhaa...

anyways, apart from that, im still applying for part time jobs. god only knows how many i've submitted. for those of you who are reading my blog, are you looking(or your company perhaps) for part time receptionist? ooh just drop me a message ok? thanks!

lets see what else. oh yes, i've been doing my walks ever since i got back from the chinese new year holidays. time to get healthy and not be too lazy. i gotta force myself to get up early every morning. i wished i could sleep in, but there's noise everyday at my mom in law's place and that gets me up. im a light sleeper you see. any slightest sound or even thunder or drilling, hammering, etc...and my eyes will pop open. sigh

lately, i've been looking into the japanese toy called Be@rbricks .  i guess you must be wondering what in the world is this woman up to this time? kids toys now? hahaha...indeed. i do not care what others think of me, seriously. i do as i please, right? i've yet to buy one of these figurines. still deciding which one to get. its not sold in alot of places so i have to really scout around. (plus reading up on it a little). i can only find them at the moment at toy outposts. (toy shop chain i think) oh ya, and more importantly, my idol, TOP(bless him) from Big Bang, is very into this toy. hahahaha

funny story. the other day i was out with my husband and we came across a toy outpost shop and went in. i found some Be@rbricks and i wanted to get one. my husband asked me if i knew about this toy and what's it about? history of it?  aigoo....all i could think of was that its a toy from japan. and its collectible. hahahaha...he said, that's not good enough. told me to go and read up more about it first before buying the toy/s. sigh *pouts* ...least i know where to get them next time, hah!

so anyway, have any of you heard of this toy?  well basically let me give u a very brief run down of it...i call it  my 101 Be@rbrick. they're  highly collectible plastic figurines(not to mention expensive, depending on the sizes chosen, designs etc) made by medicom toy corporation. and on top of that, they're made in limited production runs. many have featured designs from popular culture, including transformers, the rolling stones, etc. medicom also hosts an online site with interactive games based upon its Be@rbrick toys.

the figure is an anthropomorphized bear with an extremely simplified form and a pot belly. each plastic figure features nine parts (widely referred to as tools in the toy industry): head, torso, hips, arms, hands, and legs; these nine tools allow eight points of articulation: swivel head, swivel waist, ball joint arms, swivel wrists, and ball joint legs.

here i'll show you what i mean. you may know what im talking about.
 

this is a plain Be@rbrick figurine.

the standard size is seven centimeters high, and these figures are referred to as 100% Bearbricks. other Bearbricks are named for their size relative to the standard: 50% are four centimeters high, 70% are five centimeters high, 400% are 28 centimeters high, and 1000% are 70 centimeters high. a 200% size chogokin Bearbrick has also been produced standing 14 centimeters tall.

(by the way, i took all this information from wiki).

ok friends, thats it for now. i think by the time i check back with you in my next blog, i'll probably be in the middle of my move! wish me luck!! ooh and that i'll strike 4D!!(rather my husband, coz i dont buy at all, only when he asks me to).

until my next episode!!

ttfn


3.50pm








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Moving !!! Again !!! :)

bevng said...

tq tq babes! nxt time u r down, u can pop by :)