Friday 15 March 2013

moving around is such a chore!



9.39am


in a way, im looking forward to moving into my new condo, my new home. on the other hand, i still would love to crash at my sister in laws(i've been here since december 2012). hahaha...ok yeah  i know i cant have it all. first reason why i kinda prefer to live with my in laws is because, they are cool people. of course there's going to be some small bickering going on every now and then, but tell me which family doesnt have that, right? part and parcel of being the in laws.

i get along pretty well i must say, with my sis and mom in law. they have a maid too who loves our little shihtzu, fergie. in fact the whole family simply adores this lil one (she has been spoilt by the family). anyways, the second reason is that food is prepared and cooked for the family and lastly, my dog is being taken care of and i dont have to think about feeding time or walking it. everything's being done. ok, so in a way, im spoilt and taking things for granted, i know, i know. but what can i do? i cant help it now can i? circumstances is such.

nevertheless i know that eventually, i would have to move out of here, which would be in a couple of weeks time. and then it will be back to thinking and planning of meals, buying groceries and whatnots. sigh. so not looking forward to it, seriously. but on the flipside, it will be  my home and i can do as i please.(not to say at my in law's i cant do as i please, but i gotta respect people's home and play by their rules, i know the drill).

but right now, our headache is our new place. what to do, what to put in etc. i really hate moving from condo to condo every few years! its so troublesome and such a big headache and it stresses me out. honestly its no fun ok. it would be a little bit different if i was moving to another country and you get the packers to pack your crap up for you(including yourself if u get in the way, hahaha..kidding) and ship it off to your destination. voila! done deal. but this moving from condo to condo is just plain bollocks! imagine, just the 2 of us, we can accumulate (well, my husband loves pointing the finger at me over this,that im the one who is "stocking" up on junk by hoarding) from the first place just under 70 boxes! and then we had to move yet again, i had to get rid of some stuff and that narrowed down to around 55 over boxes.

now this last (and hopefully final) move, where it will be more or less permanent(coz previously we were renting), i've minimized on the boxes which is around 20 odd!! imagine that. i managed to sell some of my stuff, gave some to a close friend and some threw away too. sigh. the rest of the items that i really needed was all kept in personal storage. my husband says to me - less is more, to either throw, to get rid or give away... sigh!

so yeah, i will definately have my work cut out for me pretty soon and therefore im enjoying every last moment here at my in laws! ah...feels good being "pampered" in some ways. better make the most of it before my time runs out. hahahhaa...thanks in laws!!

ttfn!!


10.06am

No comments: