Monday 29 April 2013

my neighborhood


10.22am

today im gonna be yakking about my neighbourhood, my neighbors and the surrounding areas. where I live is a pretty decent area, dotted with eateries, a couple of 24 hour supermarkets, some massage parlours, bicycle shops, pet shops etc. it has basically everything that you would need in your daily life. the folks around here are from all walks of life.

now in my condo, on our floor, there's 3 owners(including ourselves) who has furkids. there's a brown male poodle(forgot its name), a male corgie named rocky and of course our lil one, fergie. almost everybody who lives on this floor that happens to walk by, will stop and pet fergie because she's cute and rarely barks. yup, I've trained her not to simply bark because I honestly cant stand the pitch of the bark, it irritates my ears, as im sensitive to different types of sounds. the corgie however, just loves to bark for no reason. ever so often, i'd hear the owner going - "rockyyyyy" or "boyyyyyyy" and then rocky would stop. he doesn't bark continuously, just a couple of times which mind you is pretty loud and sharp! sometimes when he's on his way out for his walks, he would stop by my doorstep(if its open) and see if fergie is around. rocky is a cute corgie I gotta admit.

now my neighbors across from us, there's 2 ladies living there. a mother and daughter. each time when they open their door and I happen to be at my main door too, I can see inside their home, which is pretty cluttered and seems like in disarray. seriously I don't know how they both can live like that. ugh, I personally cant stand messiness or untidiness, but then again, its not my house/home and its none of my business how people chose to live. im just saying.

the other day, my husband thought he saw the mother carrying a pot out of her place and then going to the rubbish chute just next to our unit and throwing god knows what down. and there were tiny puddles of water on the floor trailing back to her unit. ugh. I didn't see that but my husband did and then he reported it to me. I guessed he was pissed and really put off by it and thinking how can people do such things. he said he thinks that the lady threw old soup or bones etc (which would stink up the area) down the chute and this would probably attract ants, roaches, lizards etc would be attracted to all, sigh. why oh why cant people be more civilised?

so I went to check the chute to see what was thrown inside. I couldn't find anything nor any smell at all. only found some bunch of hairs stuck at the side of the chute opening. I took a small cup of water and poured it over the hairs to "unglue" it. ugh. I don't know why I bother but hey, its my home, my new home and I don't want others to "dirty" my surrounding area! people don't realize that its a chain reaction with every action they do. people don't care honestly. oh not my problem, why do you bother..bla bla bla...  hey, its only the right thing to do ok. be civic conscious.

but seriously tho, some people have no social etiquette at all. and a bunch of hypocrites if you asked me. they wont do it in their own homes but in public, free for all. nobody cares, whose gonna complain about me? im sure that's how some people think. like in my own home country, its pretty filthy. rubbish everywhere. people just don't bother. therefore the neighborhood looks like shit. wanna try to beautify the place by sprucing it up with more trees and flowers and nice 5 foot pavement but whats the point when there's litter and rubbish everywhere? and the black crows!! omg!! its like piercing when a whole flock of them are on top of rooftops of the shoplots and trees. bird shit everywhere!! these crows are here for a reason. the open air market. when market time is over, the cleaners don't do a good job, they do a slip shod job and leave. they don't care. and then you drive by and see veggies or stale meat pieces lying on the ground and this attracts birds, rats(we have ginomours ones mind you), crows etc having a feast, daily!

ok sorry I got sidetracked. back to my neighborhood here in Singapore. overall I can say its a pretty nice area. I cant chose my neighbors unfortunately. therefore I have to live with them and put up with their crap, whatever it may be. oh you know what else, there's always a thump thump sound coming from the unit above ours. im guessing that the person walks with a heavy foot, if you know what im saying. if you live in a condo/flat, do you hear those sounds? it can get pretty annoying, don't you agree? and sometimes I can hear doors slamming from up above. footsteps going up and down. wonder what the devil is that person up to. I feel like shouting to them at times to tone it down but well, i'll just have to be a little bit more patient before I do that. hahahaha....i'll let it slide for now, since I just moved in and I don't want to stir any shit for the time being and have enemies.

well that's about it. lastly, I wanna end my blog by saying that there's a couple of parrots or parakeets that somebody has been raring and every morning, you can hear them whistle and they sound like little kids! weird sounds they would make. at first I thought it was really little kids making those sounds but then my husband told me as he was on his way out to the bus stand, he can hear the birds making those sounds. aaah...

I wish you luck with your neighbors. until my next blog...


ttfn

2.02pm



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was lucky as I dont have any issue with neighbours.I always keep a line between them,make sure they dont step over :)

bevng said...

yup us too. but sometimes when my main door is opened (to let the wind thru), neighbors happen to walk by so they stop and say hi esp to play with fergie. and also I see them going by and dropping their rubbish off at the chute area. oh well.