Monday 30 September 2013

food courts arent that clean



1.11pm


yesterday I saw the most revolting thing ever! I've only heard it from friends or family members but now I saw it first hand. oh the horror of it all! *gags*

you see, I was at the local food court and I wanted to buy some freshly cooked food to take home for dinner. as I was browsing along the food stalls, I came across an interesting (well I thought it was interesting then!) stall which was operated by china people. yes, you read right, folks from china. it was a stall selling food from china, so I thought "hey why not, lets give it a try shall we, something different!" and glanced at what was sold and placed my orders.

now, as the guy was packing up the foodstuff for me lo and behold, a middle-aged couple approached the counter with a half eaten bowl of noodle soup. I looked at the bowl of soup and was thinking "oh no, don't tell me, they found something in the soup or they want a refill of more soup?" it could go either way. I was hoping it was the latter.

now the first thing I noticed inside the bowl was something dark brownish buried in between the noodles(or what's left of it). OMFG!! nooooooooo...It couldn't be! it cant be! a roach???? *bleeahhhh*

I was right! the man then proceeded to ask the worker in mandarin "what the hell is this? how can you serve people this?" and the wife/lady then quickly whipped out her iphone and kept on snapping photos of the dead boiled cockroach. ugh and by then the man/husband was fishing out the bug using the spoon and showing the man behind the counter and pointing to the worker. OMFG!

as I stood there frozen  to the spot, looking from the bowl to the stall worker to the couple. my thoughts were "holy crap, I just bought 2 dishes from this stall and it cost me bloody $4.50!! why couldn't they have come sooner but only after I've paid for it?". 

the worker didn't even say sorry, just kept staring at the couple and the bowl of filthy soup. I guess he too was in utter shock or in a daze. he was speechless as was I. the worker took out some cash and gave the couple back their money and they walked away. I think the lady is going to make a report or file a complaint on this stall. oh boy.

before I turned to go I asked the worker "is this clean to eat?" ok I know I know, what kind of question is that, after witnessing what I just saw. but I don't really like to create a scene especially in public, in case he punched me in the face or something. how to return the food that I bought and get back my refund??  and obviously the man replied "of course of course, its clean!" and I took the package home begrudgingly.

I came home and thoughts of it still filled my head and I was rather nauseated. I threw all the food stuff away and that was that. I'd rather burn $4.50  than to have both my husband and myself end up in hospital for food poisoning. later that evening over dinner, I told my husband what had happened. he had no comments, of course!

so, folks never assume that things are super clean here in Singapore coz it aint!! I've seen it first hand and now im sharing it with you. just becareful what you put in your mouth! be it in hawker stalls or in restaurants.

ok ttfn


1.39pm

No comments: