Wednesday 11 September 2013

my noisy neighbors



9.34pm

well the shit finally hit the ceiling and boy oh boy I really was pissed. this was how it all went down.

about 5-6 days ago over the weekend, I was home alone, hubby was away on a business trip and I went to bed just past midnight. just as I was about to fall asleep..BOOM..those neighbors from the unit above mine, I assumed dropped a box of tools or something. well it sounded like a box of tools to me!

that jolted me up. but nevermind that, there i was lying in bed looking up at my ceiling, thinking dear god i hope it doesn't come crashing on top of me. mind you, from that time till around 3.45am, the sounds of tools dropping, nuts and bolts or whatever, kept dropping on the floor. yup, i could hear almost everything!

oh my god, i swear i wanted to just bash their heads in, these bloody neighbors. what the hell are they doing at such an ungodly hour? fixing their home in the middle of the night? sheesh man! at one point i just couldn't take it any longer and so at around 1.15am, i got up and went up to their unit and stood there just trying to listen if anymore sounds were coming from their apartment.

i could only hear faint rustling and movements inside but i was keeping my cool and told myself ok give them one last chance (to be honest with you, i don't know how many chances I've given them since we moved in several months ago). alas, i wandered back to my apartment and tried my best to go back to sleep. so that was that.

then last night there was stomping of footsteps from above yet again and god knows what other sounds were coming from upstairs. it was past midnight. i was in bed by that time because i was dead tired and very sleepy. hubby had just gotten to bed and he switched on the radio for me to try to drown out the sounds. that didn't help at all. i could still hear everything coming from above.

so i really couldn't handle it anymore, i got up and told my husband to follow me upstairs and this time was for real. i marched up to their door, knocked on it several times and lo and be hold, a lady appeared. i guess she must be wondering if we were lost or something. i told her that i could hear everything that was going on from my apartment below and i was trying to sleep. therefore could she tone it down a notch. well thankfully she wasn't a neighbour from hell and she kept bowing to me and saying sorry. i thanked her and we went back down.

thank god the sounds were lesser. although i still could hear a little bit more of the footsteps thumping away for a short while and then it stopped and i finally drifted off to sleep.

oh my god, im so glad i finally did it. actually i was kinda dreading it, approaching them directly. i was contemplating to drop them a note in their post box but decided against it. i rather do it face to face as there was too much to say. but alas i never said everything to them. it was pointless. i just got to the point, be done with it and move on.

you know what, i even went to the extent of getting up in the middle of the night(when they were making all the racket) to take note on the timings and what i could hear. not only that, i also recorded some of these sounds with my phone! yup..thats how mad i was and to have my proof in case they denied ever making any kind of noise. 

so i really hope you guys who are living in apartments or condos to try to be a little bit more conscious when you do things like by slamming doors or thumping your feet on the floor  as you walk etc. you don't know if your neighbors below you, can hear everything and they make not like it at all. try to  be a bit more considerate i beg you. don't do unto others if you don't want others to do unto you ok. lets live peacefully ok!

ok that's it. im done.


ttfn

9.53pm

No comments: