Saturday 1 December 2012

the festive season


4.51pm


sorry i've not been writing for a couple of days. i've been busy moving out of my old place. so much to do. you just wouldnt believe it. until you move, you will not know how much junk and stuff you have been accumulating thru out the years. its amazing really. but now thats over and done with(thank god), i can try to get back to normalcy until i go back to my hometown for the holidays. cant wait to see my family and friends!

anyways, i noticed that around singapore, the xmas decos are up and running. shopping malls and streets lined with colorful lights and xmas trees ranging from different sizes and they even built a santas workshop with santa and elves too. as a kid i love xmas, dont you? its the most colorful and wonderful time of the year to me. listening to xmas carols being played at the malls or restaurants/cafes, people caroling in the streets or door to door, its just a lovely feeling overall. i dont know why but during this period, i feel its magical, dont you? oooh and i also love opening xmas pressies( i mean who doesnt right?). oh boy oh boy oh boy. thats the best part of xmas!

my birthday falls in dec and more often than not, its a 2in1 celebration sorta kinda. my birthday and xmas togather. like i'd only open my birthday gifts and xmas pressies after xmas. these days, im in no great rush to rip open my packages coz i like to savor every moment and take my own sweet time to open them. but my husband, sitting there and just looking at me not wanting to open my gifts, would be going - "hurry up, what you waiting for? open it!!" id say " whats the great hurry? relax. i dont want to open it today. maybe tomorrow" hehe this will drive him nuts and then he would grab one of my gifts and tries to rip it open for me. "here i'll help you" he'd say. tsk tsk tsk

now that im older, i realize that my gifts are getting lesser and lesser!! thats not cool. hahaha...when i was a kid, underneath the tree would be filled with lots and lots of colorful bundles, big and small, round or square...but nowadays...alot lesser. i told my parents about it. mom said that im not a kid anymore. xmas is not about the gifts. its about family and being togather and spending quality time. hm...ok mom. i hear you.

so thats that. what is xmas to you? what does it mean? do you remember your xmases? how was it?  i would like to wish you all a very blessed xmas and a merry new year. yes, wishes coming early and i would repeat this when the time is nearer again. hahaha...so until my next blog...


ttfn


5.07pm



No comments: