Monday 1 July 2013

BigBang GDragon - One of a kind solo concert in singapore 29 june 2013


11.58am

wow wow...that's all I can say! I attended my first ever Kpop concert here in Singapore and i gotta say that it was effing awesome! its bloody Gdragon from the korean group famously known as Big Bang and GD is the leader of the pack. i couldn't wait to see him in the flesh. would be nice if i could get up close and personal with him but sigh..no dice. oh well. c'est la vie.

right then, the concert was scheduled at 7pm and I left the house around 4.30pm. ok ok, call me impatient. pfftt.. when I arrived at the stadium, holy smokes, there were loads of people, well doh obviously, im so silly! its a bleeding concert, what more its a GD concert! so anyways, the first thing that I wanted to do was to get my hands on some merchandise (before hauling my ass to where i was supposed to be, which was at the north entrance of the stadium) and when I looked for the queue, good lord, it was damn long! as if the merchandise was free!

i started to pace up and down the line, deciding whether to approach my  "victim" so I could ask her to do me a tiny favour by buying me just an item. hmm...now that didn't go as planned. I was thinking that if lets say I were to approach that person and ask her to buy me something, what would the people behind her think? would they beat me to pulp for "jumping" queue or would they be sacarstic and tell me to bugger off and no asking strangers for favors etc. so shit, scrap that thought out of my head.  decided to just walk away and console myself that it was ok, at least i'm at GDs concert and that's what really matters right. 

and then I spotted a large crowd gathered just by the side entrance into the stadium. hmm..whats this, whats going on here? i decided to ask a girl who was standing not too far from me about it. she told me that this crowd was waiting to get into the mosh pit area. i asked her how much did she pay to be in the most pit area because i noticed she had a colored tag on her wrist (different people were wearing different colors). told me was like $200 over bucks. wow..imagine that, pay $200 over bucks just to stand next to the stage and be mashed up against strangers and fans screaming into your ears!



apparently the crowd had already gathered in the morning(some over night) just to get to be the first in line inside the most pit area(they go by numbers) and it was a first come first served basis. and after you've been given a number then you can go off and come back again later (or not). long story short, im guessing that those fans had been standing for a pretty long time and on top of that to stand during the entire 2 hour concert is really no joke.

after watching the crowd for a bit, i decided to just go and wait at the entrance where i was supposed to be at and thankfully the queue was not long because when i purchased my ticket, i got to choose my seat (unlike the most pit area folks) and therefore there wasn't a need to rush to get in line and since yours truly was alone, i might as well park my bum there and just wait to bloody go in.

after standing in line for about an hour, at 6.15pm, they let us in. it was warm and humid outside but once when i got inside, thank god for the blast of aircond. GDs music videos were playing on loop on giant video screens. lucky thing i decided to bring my small binoculars so that i can see better and clearer.  i whipped it out and started looking around to see if i can spot any of the Big Bang members, in case they suddenly appeared. you just never know when they are around. sneaky lil buggers they are.

when 7.15pm came, that's when all hell broke loose. hahaha...yup time for GDs grand entrance, arriving in his futuristic glass looking car and he started his first song MichiGo.



sorry the picture i took was a bit far. that's the best i could do from where i was sitting. felt as though it was so near yet so far. and so the brilliant concert continues. mind you, there was never a dull moment throughout the show, even during the short interludes, the music that was being played(instrumental) was very upbeat. besides great music , there were also lots of colourful laser lights shooting about, tiny explosions of fire, mock up of huge butterflies floating around (when he belted out one of my favourite songs Butterfly)etc. it was just simply amazing. not only that, GDs costumes were really out of this world not to mention his dancing too.

GD sang songs from his One of a Kind album and 2 songs by Big Bang, which was Fantastic Baby and Bad Boy. Let me tell you he can work the crowd into a frenzy. no shit. this guy has got skillz. from having a 5 team member(including himself) during concerts to going solo can be daunting. you know when you've always had your members around you to being alone on stage and doing almost everything on your own is tiring as hell.



(these 2 pictures above i took from GDs official facebook page. so it doesn't belong to me). anyway, first picture is of GD and CL (from the popular Korean girl group 2ne1) doing a duet. 2ne1 consists of 4 girls who were special guests at GDs concert and they performed 3 of their popular songs. but only CL and GD did a duet. and lastly the next picture is at the closing of the concert. alas all good things must come to an end. it was euphoric though.

i shall never forget my first ever kpop concert and it was banging! im glad i went and  had a great time there, still cant believe i actually saw one of my idols in concert. now im just waiting patiently for Big Bangs next concert, hopefully one where they will do all their famous hits. fingers crossed. you know all these years I've scoffed at friends who were so into the Korean dramas or scene but now..look at me. ai ya ya. i have learnt a lesson here, to never say never. because one day, you just don't know what will hit you and then you are caught hook, line and sinker.

ok ttfn


1.20pm







No comments: